Quantcast

Monday, June 7, 2010

They're Taking Over! (Aren't They?) - Ryan John

Picture this scenario: The most powerful people in the world, also affectionately known as the Global Elite, are meeting right now in Barcelona, Spain for their annual conference, known as Bilderberg, from June 4-10 like they have for more than fifty years. Kind of sounds like something out of a comic book, if you ask me. But it’s a reality and it’s a reality that doesn’t get much attention in the mainstream media.

Since 1954 world leaders in government, media, and commerce have met every year to discuss important world issues. This year’s topics include the future of the European Union, the US troop presence in Afghanistan, the collapse of the United States dollar, the Iranian and Russian alliance, and Japan’s economy, to name a few. According to some, this meeting is setting the stage for world government, with the slow but deliberate merger of European powers and the Anglo establishment of the United States and England. In 2008 Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama were attendees.

Now, I am fascinated by conspiracy theories and those who perpetuate them. Alex Jones is the most prominent spokesperson for conspiracy theories and often my go-to guy. If he says it, you can believe others are following right behind him. He is totally convinced there is a secret world conspiracy working toward global governance and the transformation into a New World Order.

Analyzing politics is a funny thing for me. The highest person I know in politics is a county commissioner in Pennsylvania. He may not even know my name, come to think of it. So I have nothing but an outrageous curiosity, the Internet, and a gut feeling that I know how things work -- a totally false sense, perhaps, but a sense I believe nevertheless. I think the Republicans and Democrats work for the same machine and each party respectively plays its part to advance whatever agenda this country sets forth. I don’t believe the country’s agenda is set by President and an administration that comes and goes every 4 to 8 years. Absolutely not. I think those gentlemen are essentially figureheads for someone or something bigger that the American people don’t see and hear.

Maybe I give people too much credit.  But I can’t believe George W. Bush invaded Iraq and toppled Sadam with no reason other than the possible possession of WMDs that were eventually unfounded. “Whoops, my bad,” we were told.  I didn’t buy it. Although W. has a hard time putting sentences together, it’s not because he’s dumb. It’s because he has to watch what he says. If the man could speak from the gut all the time, he’d be engaging and enlightening I’m sure. But he can’t. We are not kept informed by the government or the media. My gut tells me we are those prisoners trapped in the cave in Plato’s famous allegory. We aren’t given the truth. Rather, we’re given whatever images that Somebody Unidentified wants us to see. The global elite, possibly? I don’t know. But with the convenience of the Internet, we’re getting more and more of our fellow prisoners feverishly trying to tell us what we don’t know or can’t see. And when I hear these things, it makes more sense than what I see on the 6 o’clock news.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right when you say:"I think those gentlemen are essentially figureheads for someone or something bigger that the American people don’t see and hear." That something bigger is the corporations that control virtually every aspect of American life. Suggest you read "Empire of Illusion" by Chris Hedges.

    ReplyDelete