Quantcast

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jumping on the Weight Loss Bandwagon - Jeff Weiss

 Count me in.  I'm joining Nikki and so many others who have committed to lose weight in the upcoming year.  And - again like Nikki - I've joined Weight Watchers.  Weight Watchers has been around for almost fifty years,
starting off as a neighborhood group meeting that eventually turned into large corporation with over forty thousand employees.  However, the philosophy is the same: people tend to lose more weight and keep it off when supported by a group as opposed to going it alone.  All of that sounded great to me, so I joined. 

I had a lot to learn at my first meeting, where I was greeted by friendly staff who explained that everyone is starting off new with me, as Weight Watchers has completely revamped their program for the first time in over a decade.  The meeting itself was informative, and the speaker (the Weight Watchers term is "leader") did a nice job of explaining the program.  It all seems pretty simple to me. Everything that is consumed is assigned a point value. Individuals have a daily point allotment that must be consumed.  So far, so good.

I'll check back next week to let you know my progress.

2 comments:

  1. I like how we're the two people who joined during the holidays, not on Janurary 1st like the everyone else. Just shows how dedicated we are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lost four pounds or so in the past week . . . due to a violent bout of gastroenteritis. Not a method I would recommend!

    ReplyDelete