Quantcast

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Little Cookie... - Jeff Weiss

After having a great first week with Weight Watchers, I settled in for week two fully prepared to continue my weight loss journey the right way. And then there was that cookie. It all started with that one little cookie. I was at a Christmas party, and I had prepared by eating a healthy dinner before the party. I reasoned to myself that I would be full and not tempted by holiday treats, such as... cookies. But this was no ordinary cookie. It was a festive cookie, decorated to look like a Christmas tree. No matter where I went or what I did, that one little cookie was there. The cookie was in the corner of my eye while I was listening to a friend tell me about her exhaustive holiday shopping.  The cookie was in front of me when I reached over to get a glass of unsweetened iced tea.  The cookie was across the room, it's sugar coating glistening in the light as carolers sang in the background. Why was no one eating that cookie? Was the entire universe signaling for me to eat the cookie? Probably not, but I ate it anyway. And you know what happens when you eat one cookie - you eat a few more.

Two nights later, I found myself at another holiday party and this time it was a sit down dinner.  I panicked when I realized that antipasto, stuffed shells, meatballs, and garlic bread would be my only choices.  I took small portions and was actually proud of myself, when suddenly someone brought out a cookie tray.  After I consumed the third (or fourth) cookie, I realized that I would be weighing in at my meeting in 12 short hours.  I resigned myself to the fact that I had probably gained weight, and decided that I would spend the upcoming week following the Weight Watchers plan to a "T."  I went to my meeting, and... I lost a pound! Now, I'm no Nikki Lorenzini who's dropping pounds faster than she breathes, but I'm pleased with my progress.  And I will follow the plan exactly this week!

1 comment:

  1. I have to give you credit for starting during the holidays. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete