Quantcast

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gays in the GOP? Nikki Lorenzini

I know I have asked this question several times before on here and in my own personal life: what is the big deal about someone’s sexuality? I know in this case that people’s beliefs do matter, and what they believe is making an uncomfortable situation for the people who do not 100% conform to it. I am not arguing people’s beliefs, it is what it is, but what I would like to argue is why must those beliefs make other people feel like they have to live a lie, then feel guilty for doing so afterward?

I know I have put this out there before: I am a Christian, and I know what I am told though the Bible about homosexuality, so I understand the where GOP is coming from with their beliefs about gay rights and the like. I understand, but I do not necessarily agree, but that is a whole different story. Back on topic though, what I do not understand is where people feel like that since they belong to one party, that party will always be the same, believe the same things, do the same thing, never part from their ways. I am starting to believe that there is no room for growth or diversity in the two major parties, that your either Republican or Democrat. After that, your then shoved into a small little box, and if you depart from those ways, your then shunned with a scarlet letter on your shirt.

Unfortunately at this point in time, I really do not think that there is any room for gay leaders in the GOP.

Email Nikki