Quantcast

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Palin Factor: Nikki Lorenzini

Do you want to know why Palin fascinates me so much? I am hoping for a surprise. Kind of like a jack in the box and hoping that something else would pop out. Yeah, its mean, but it is what it is. When she first came out, she was fun. She was peppy, she was cute, and I thought that she would of been a breath of fresh air. Then she kept on talking. And talking. And talking. Yeah, her Alaskan accent is fun, but what comes out isn't. Its irritating. Pointing her nose in subjects where I really do not think that they belong.

But I give her credit. She is actually staying in the spotlight, and as irritating as she is, I think she's doing a pretty good job at it. I mean, she is sticking up for what she believes in and her family, like when people are using the "R" word. She seems like a willing participant in life, like when she was willing to run for Vice President even though she did not have the background. Was willing to do it and take a shot. She was able write a book (even though I have no plans of reading it). She was able to make plenty of people love her and hate her. And just irritate me. If you think of it this way, she’s not in the news for something even more irritating, like a sex scandal.

I can't speak on why EVERYONE loves Palin, but for me, I give her kudos for having the pep and will power to stay in the spotlight while being a mother.

Email Nikki