Quantcast

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sea World Tragedy: Sasha Smith

Sea World is very brave. Is it me or they are a law suite waiting to happen. But I'm also sure that all their employees have an iron clad contract that they sign before agreeing to work there. As I was watching my one of my news shows, I saw family members talking about how Dawn had dedicated her life to animals and all she ever wanted to do was swim with the whales. Her family members said that Dawn was living her dream by swimming with the whales everyday. I thought it was really touching and it was important for Dawn's family members to express this to the world.

I was very sad to hear that Tilikum killed Dawn. I have never had a connection with animals until recently and never even owned a pet. I do wonder if Tilikum has learned it's lesson and what the behavior modification training will be for the whale. It seems as though since the shows started back up right away I wonder if the whale knows it didn't anything wrong. Based on all the news allegations, Tilikum was upset by the scent of Dawn's hair which is why he pulled her ponytail in the water and drowned her. There is clearly something that is upsetting him. My biggest concern is what is wrong with this whale. I haven't heard Sea World make any statements about how they are going to investigate Tilikum's little killer problem.

Email Sasha
Follow Sasha on Twitter!