Quantcast

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Louisiana Prom Controversy: Scott Hinkley

I am not at all surprised by the actions of this small-minded authority, but I am pleased that because it intertwined with a hot-button issue, this abuse of power is receiving more attention than usual. In my mind, this is another blatant attempt to keep lifestyles out of the community because those in power know that they will lose their support on these issues when average people because exposed "subversive" influences. The best scam ever hatched by the power-hungry is the notion that humans hold a "devil" inside them, and that only through submission and donations can that devil be exercised. I agree, people are weak, but not to the devil, to the undue influence of their peers and superiors. We want to belong, and to fit in. Constance McMillen demonstrated that she is less willing to submit under pressure from those in power, and she has been used as a strong reminder of how deep that influence runs in Itawamba County.

I am most saddened by the lack of support from other students, since it seems like a clear sign that this community will continue to champion the lowest of humanity. I have no sympathy for those who confuse a love of god with their dirty-minded self-worship. I have no respect for the drivel you preserve in your otherwise biologically capable brains. I look forward to a day when bigots can be openly despised regardless of the particulars of their hatred.

Email Scott