Quantcast

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Did the Health Care Summit Accomplish Anything? Jeff Weiss

I really don't understand the point of the health care summit. I don't think anyone on either side thought for one second that after coming together as a group, one side would “see the light” and agree with the other side. To me, it was a complete waste of time.

Adding insult to injury, while key congressional leaders were holed up in Blair House for an entire day of saying the same things they've been stating for over a year – the clock was ticking on approving an unemployment benefits extension for millions of displaced workers. I fully support health care reform, but I have come to accept that if passed – in whatever form that may be – will not be the kind of reform that is needed. It all goes back to the incredible divide between the parties and neither side willing to give an inch.

Email Jeff