Quantcast

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Weighty Goal: Austin Lee

I don't know that Ms. Simpson's goal sends any message to anyone.  I linked to this story last week on my personal blog and no one seemed to think that it was a worthy goal.  Unfortunately for Mrs. Obama her message has been overshadowed by her husband's health care bill.

The truth is her campaign actually starts to address the root issues of our health care problems.  Her husband is attempting to just throw money at the problem, while she is attempting to actually change the way people relate to food and exercise.  I can definitely get behind a program like that.  It seems to me that we elected the wrong Obama.  Mrs. Obama thinks long term, while her husband can't seem to look up from his teleprompter long enough to see that he operates in a much more shortsighted manner.

As for Ms. Simpson, her child should be taken away from her and raised in a family that places a higher value on health and well-being.  Ms. Simpson should be allowed to eat herself to death if she chooses, however, she should be exempt from any financial assistance for her health care when it is required.  I am sick and tired of my tax dollars going to people like this.  I guess I could call my congressman, but he didn't listen the first time.

Email Austin
Follow Austin on Twitter!