Quantcast

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Oscars: Jeff Weiss

On Sunday, my sister asked me who I thought would win in the Oscar acting categories. I quickly rattled off “Jeff Bridges, Sandra Bullock, Mo'Nique, and the Austrian guy from Inglorious Basterds.” I'm not a movie expert, and I only saw one Oscar nominated performance this year – but since the nominees were announced everyone on every talk show, radio program, and internet blog have recited those actors as being shoo-ins. And they were right.

Ratings for the Oscars have been down in recent years (this year being an exception, possibly due to the blockbuster Avatar being nominated), and I believe the reason for the lack of interest is because everyone pretty much knows who's going to win within minutes of the announcement of the nominees. There are no longer any nail-biting moments because, well, we know who's going to win.

Email Jeff