Quantcast

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday - To Shop or Not to Shop: Jeff Weiss

I've always wondered why people get up in the middle of the night in order to arrive at stores before dawn on Black Friday. Sales are nice, but I've never found any item worth literally losing sleep over. I never thought I'd be anywhere near a store before the crack of dawn on any given Black Friday.

Until this year.

A few stores in my local mall opened at midnight today, and I was there. There was a line to get in, but it wasn't unbearably long. However, when the doors opened at midnight the line of people quickly went from passive to frenzied as everyone rushed in to find their treasures. A few people were disappointed to discover only a few stores were open, but by 2am more stores opened - and more customers poured into the mall. At 3am one of the department stores opened, and along with that came more people. When Sears opened at 4am, there was a line of over one hundred people waiting to get into the store. At 5am, all of the other stores in the mall opened, and by then I had seen (and bought) enough.

Here are a few photos I took while at the mall.





























































Email Jeff