Quantcast

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Calorie Confusion: Nikki Lorenzini

I would like one thing to be known before I go on with this: I love to eat! Love it. When I originally saw this study last week, I just rolled my eyes. I have no clue why, we as a culture, are so fascinated with this nutrition thing. Let me clarify, I do not know why we are so obsessed with it. I am not sure why we are so surprised when the calorie counts of chain restaurants and frozen meals are not accurate. Should we really expect them to be accurate? Lets be reasonable here. Not all food is created equal, and do you really expect to get a healthy meal from Wendy’s? Even salads are unhealthy with the amount of dressing that is loaded on them.

As for not eating at a chain because I don’t see the nutrition info? Please, I have never looked at their nutrition info. If you are worried about their nutrition info and the calorie intake, I think it’s time to stay at home. Plus, there are worse things in chain and packaged meals. How about the sugar levels? Sodium intake? If you are worried about your health, would you be worried about other things besides just the calories? And if the calories are not accurate, what makes you think the rest of nutrition info is not accurate?

Yes, I think that the chains and frozen food makers should hold themselves to a higher standard when it comes to reporting accurate numbers. Its only fair, right? But then again, can there ever be 100% accuracy with things like this?

Email Nikki