Quantcast

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Full Body Screening: Nikki Lorenzini

I haven’t flown on a plane since the summer of 2007 when I spent 8 hours on a plane to fly to Venice, Italy. The security was so-so. I don’t get remember getting frisked or anything like that. My bags were never checked, even though one of my friends on that trip bags were glazed through. I was thoroughly surprised at this. I would think they would have been a little bit more strict with checking people.

Personally, I say go all the way with stricter checks on people in the airport. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want them to get carried away with it, but I am all for doing the full body scan stuff for now. If this is the best that they have for right now, I think they should run with it. Are there better ways to screen people in the airports? I am sure. But I do not see how doing a full body scan is any different than putting your bag on the belt and having them scan your bags. So how is this any different? Seriously.

Yes, I am sure that the people at the airport will need to do a better job at checking people. We can not always depend on all this technology just to see if some people might sketchy. Can’t we also train the airport workers to keep an eye out for people who are acting strange, who might not have inadequate luggage for that particular flight, or the so on? Besides having all this fancy technology of scanning people and their stuff, I really believe that the workers need to better trained on how to pick up on stuff that just doesn’t seem right.

Email Nikki