Quantcast

Friday, January 29, 2010

The iPad Hype: Sasha Smith

Yes, the iPad. It was so unexpected. I just logged onto my Safari browser and saw the ad for the iPad on my apple.com homepage. I didn't have time to investigate so I kept it moving but then there was immediate chatter amongst techy's that I know and on all over Twitter. This morning, I finally decided to watch Steve Jobs' video on the launching of his new venture.

I watched it and most times I truly enjoy these little seminars and presentations by Mr. Jobs. I must say I was not impressed. I was not impressed at all. I mean it just seemed like a mega iPhone. I have an iPhone now and I'm not 100% happy with my phone as it is never mind a mega iPhone.  Now, don't get me wrong. I was converted to a MAC user for life since the moment my hands touched my own MAC keyboard in June of 2006. The iPad just seems like a joke and I doubt I would be buying one.  It's a mega iPhone that is mega overpriced. I guess in this economy we just tend to think twice about what's worth it. I also find it interesting that Apple stock went down recently as well. I have no idea if there is a connection but could be a forecast for this new product.

It's seems like the perfect toy for tweens and teenagers who's parents want to give them material things to make up for the time they don't spend with them. I guess I'm being pretty harsh but if your not a MAC user, you might as well buy a computer or a PC laptop for almost $900.00. I realize that our country is obsessed with the Internet and having immediate access to information but the iPad just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe there is something that I'm missing but this is a stretch for Steve Jobs and I don't know if he is going to sell it. We will have to stay tuned.

On a complete side note, Steve Jobs didn't look the most healthy in his little Apple presentation. Wasn't there rumors of him being sick? Hit me up on Twitter @sashaasmith if you have more details or want to share your opinion.

Email Sasha
Follow Sasha on Twitter!