Quantcast

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Dangers of Fake Fragrances

I love perfume. I personally wish I could afford all the perfumes that I love. But the truth of the matter is perfume is very expensive. For most women, it's their most expensive beauty item. "Fake fragrances" do smell somewhat similar to the real thing at the immediate spray but than the lingering smell is not same. I think I found that out at age 14. One of my favorite things to do at the mall when I was a tween was to visit the fragrance counter. My favorite thing to do at the mall as an adult is to visit the fragrance counter. There are so many perfumes to smell.

I personally wouldn't buy fake fragrances but I understand folks that do. I think that the America that we live in is obsessed with beauty and beauty products. Those who can not afford the authentic fragrances feel the need to fit into our American culture by having a replica. I don't think that we should judge folks that buy these products but we should consider why they think it's so important and why we allow these products to contain such harmful materials. If Channel and Dolce and Gabanna perfumes had dangerous chemicals in them there would be an uproar amongst the middle and upper class citizens that buy them. But let's be honest about who the clientele is of these harmful perfumes. It's not going to be Georgia's Governor's wife.

This is probably a similar trend not only for perfumes but other products that are not "name brand." We definitely need to have stricter policies on who can create products and put them out on the market. I hope this blog and others who have more scientific information are sharing this with public so those that are using the products can be more aware of the harm they are causing to themselves. After hearing of this report, I will share it with others and never even think about buying imitations.

Email Sasha
Follow Sasha on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment