Quantcast

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

President Obama - One Year Later: Nikki Lorenzini

I initially scratched my head at this topic, as I’m not one to keep up on the news as much as I know I should (but that’s a whole other topic). I know that economically we are not where America should be. Is it fair to blame Obama for that? No. Can I hope that he can help change it? Yes, but I’m not going to wholly depend on him for it. I need to be smart enough to manage my own money (don’t get me wrong, there’s a whole lot of hard working people who were screwed out of a job).

But enough on that rant (that’s why I hate talking about money). But the one thing that I did notice since he has become president was the environmental changes. Between cash for clunkers, new tax breaks for going green, the Copenhagen Climate change, that is one of the bigger things I have seen him do. I have seen more green promoting than I have in my 26 years of my life, even though it brings back memories of that commercial of the crying Native American. Can Obama bring back a commercial? But I digress.

I also witnessed a million types of bail outs and D.C. fighting about the health care bill. Guantanamo is scheduled to be closed. There is a timetable for getting out of Iraq. He was the first president to chair the UN Security Council, and came to a resolution that should lead to an end to loop holes that are being exploited, and a lower risk of another nuclear arms race. Yeah, he has done a lot in his year of presidency, but he still has three more years to go.

Email Nikki