Quantcast

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Revenge By Billboard: Scott Hinkley

I have no sadness for Charles Phillips. I think that anyone who decides to manipulate those around themselves with lies, deserves to have them catch up with them. Charles thought he had played his hand with Ms. Wilkins, but she proved to have an ace up her sleeve. I think that if Ms. Wilkins was willing to suffer the humiliation she brought upon herself by making her domestic dramas a TimeSquare-sized problem, that she has the right to air her dirty laundry. Despite the fact that Mr. Phillips would have preferred for his private affairs to remain that way, all the material Ms. Wilkins published were apparently factually accurate and not fabricated in any way.

While I appreciate that this form of public shaming can be dangerous to encourage or even permit, I am reminded of how frustrated I am that personal choices can be concealed from someone's public image, primarily just because there are too many people and too little time. Rude driving, deceitful accounting, infidelity, just to name a few. I hope this makes people nervous. Perhaps if there is a greater probability of being exposed, powerful people will think again before leveraging their power to get what they want and then buy silence after they have made their mess.
Email Scott