Quantcast

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Edwards Comes Clean: Chris Vaughn

What do you think John Edwards sees when he looks into the mirror every morning? Do you think he sees a man almost totally without character or moral compass? Here is a former U.S. Senator, former Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate, who seems to be without a drop of personal integrity. He could, without apparent reservation, lie to his wife, his children, and the American electorate about not only his adulterous affair with campaign staffer, Rielle Hunter, but also about having a child outside his marriage with this woman. What does he see in the mirror every morning?
 
If we could look past his moral failings, will the child he fathered and denied be able to? I seriously curious as to what type of ego he must have to think that he could possible have kept all of this secret from the American people. How many people were willing to help him with this charade? We all know that his former campaign aide, Andrew Young initially was on board with perpetuating this deception, which has me wondering about his moral character, too. I just scratch my head at all the players in this twisted morality tale of modern politics.
 
Well, I don't know if the upcoming book from Andrew Young had anything to do with John Edwards FINALLY deciding to proclaim his paternity of his child. I do doubt that he did it out of a sense of duty to accept personal responsibilty for what he had done. I doubt that he wanted to come clean for the sake of his terminally ill wife. I am fairly sure that he didn't do it for the honor of his former mistress Rielle Hunter. I think in same very small way John Edwards did it for himself. I think, in the very dark recesses of his mind he thinks that by coming clean about all of this, it might very well help his chances at a political return in 2012. Yep, I think John Edwards is doing a Mea Culpa so that the American people MIGHT give him another look as a possible President of these United States. I wonder just WHAT this guy sees in the mirror every morning?

Email Chris
Follow Chris on Twitter!