Quantcast

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holidays and the Recession: Sasha Smith

Holiday shopping has never been big for me, so no - the recession has not changed my holiday shopping plans this year. What has changed my holiday shopping is the fact that I was a victim of check fraud from a major bank and it's taken them over 6 weeks to put my funds back in my account. I have given them all the proof they requested to prove I was not apart of the scheme. But to no avail no funds of been returned as of yet.

I must say that I am more of an online shopper. I have always preferred browsing in the comfort of my own home and looking at multiple websites with the same item to compare prices, color, and size availability. I mean really who has time to run from store to store to compare all these things and then going back to the store with the best deal. If you are out at a store during this time of year, you are just going to get the first item you see because you are trying to get out of the cold, traffic and away from screaming children. 

Traditionally, I would be flying back to the Northeast to visit with family and friends but I decided to stay in Atlanta and spend time with my partner. I also feel backed up with all the work that I have to do with my job and non profits that I've involved in. It seems that the recession has affected my work load which I guess in the end affects my holiday plans since I plan on staying home to catch up on some work.

As far as entertaining goes, I will be continuing to watch movies, drink eggnog and find some fabulous party to attend for New Years Eve. This would be my holiday plans whether the economy was good or bad. I would recommend it to anyone.

Email Sasha