Quantcast

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Military Pregnancy Ban: Scott Hinkley

I think that while the move seems a bit overly theatrical, we are also talking about men and women who deal in life and death as a career choice. I think it is a somewhat natural evolution with so many more women serving now than ever before. I think that the overall message is clear in saying that now is not the time for romance and thoughts of family. I think that the military is right to feel that they are entering a new era of reproach and accountability from both American's and the globe, and I also feel that if our President is going to stoke our optimism with mentions of time-tables and withdrawls, we need our soldiers to demonstrate that they will be digging in and making the most of the time they are still in warzones. I am also pleased that this rule attempts to make contraception the responsibility of both parties involved. I will be anxious to see how this rule runs its course. Thank you to all our soldiers, this is not the sort of commitment we can ask of most people, even if the advantages of such a policy were similar.

Email Scott