Quantcast

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Buzz on Google Buzz: Nikki Lorenzini

In one word: Yes, I think that they violated their users. I didn’t even know of this until I got this topic to write on. I have a personal Gmail account, and I don’t get the whole concept of Buzz. Well, I get it in theory. But I don’t use Picasa or Flicker or Twitter or Blogger or Google Reader. So that only leaves me to use YouTube. Yeah, I’m internet lame. I’ll be disabling my Google Buzz.

I wasn’t really paying much attention to buzz around the new “Buzz,” so I was not aware of how long they were planning on launching Buzz. I am not really sure in buzz leading up to it, if they shared what was going to be done to people’s accounts, but from the word on the street that I am hearing, having people’s contacts open to everyone and their mother like that is so not cool. Google should of let their users set their privacy settings before going to their email so they could have been protected. I don’t know why a company as large as Google wouldn’t of thought of putting their users first and protected them and their privacy? Seems kind of silly to me.

Email Nikki