Quantcast

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Family Guy" & Palin: Nikki Lorenzini

Sarah Palin makes me angry - very angry. Yes, I understand why she would be upset. I have a close friend who has Down Syndrome. Would I be offended by this comment? Probably. But I have a question to throw out there: Does Palin really watch Family Guy? If she does, she would know that these types of jokes (whether she enjoys it or not) is what the show consists of.

I occasionally watch Family Guy. Last night I saw the show and they made fun of Colin Farrell, Jesus and Judas. I know this show has targeted just about everyone and anyone possible. Personally, I have been offended by how they treat Christianity and everything that it stands for. I know that Palin is a Christian, however I consider myself more liberal than she is. If I am offended by Family Guy's Jesus jokes, I am surprised that Palin failed to even mention them when she complained about the show, although I am sure the Down Syndrome jokes are really hitting home.

On a positive note, I know how to use my remote. Yes, even though I watch it occasionally, I know how to turn the show off when I get offended. I know people that have stopped watching it because the were offended. Why can’t Palin keep quiet and keep some of her opinions to herself?

Personally, I think Palin is opening herself up to be made fun of by shows like Family Guy. It appears as if she needs to have a public opinion on everything. Don’t people usually fade into obscurity after they loose an election? Why can’t she take that queue? Yes, it would be grand if she would stay in Alaska and do some type of charitable work, but she insists on being prominent even when she has nothing important to add. If she wants people to take her seriously, I think she needs to learn how to keep quiet.

Email Nikki