Quantcast

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tiger's Apology: Scott Hinkley

Tiger Woods certainly took his sweet time facing the music. I was pleased to see how much responsibility he is taking for his choices. I was also pleased to hear him express his regret for such a long list of his transgressions. I hope for his sake, his family's sake, and for the sake of his sport, that most people choose to move on from this tragic headline-orgy. I just worry that his comments are just too little too late. I understand that he felt a great deal of pressure to make the changes in his life before he had to discuss them publicly, but I think that the impact of his repentance is muted by the time he waited.

I think it would have been a much more powerful apology if it had come in the initial aftermath, rather than in such a calm, and delayed, response. I hope that the things he says are as true as he would like us to believe. Ultimately, until someone is better at gold than he is, Tiger will probably find absolution without much trouble no matter how he handles the juicy details.

Email Scott