Quantcast

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super Bowl Ads: Jeff Weiss

I am curious if advertisers didn't go all out this year due to the economy because I didn't see many ads during the Super Bowl that grabbed my attention. The much discussed Tebow Family commercial was about as controversial as a stick of chewing gum.



The Snickers commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda was cute, but not what I would call “memorable.”



My favorite commercial of the night wasn't for a product - it was CBS's own ad for The Late Show with David Letterman that featured a couple of surprising guest stars.



Among the bombs were the "casual day" ad for Career Builder featuring people no one would ever want to see wandering around in their underwear, and another GoDaddy commercial that yet again tried to be sexy only to fail once more. Considering there were 48 minutes of commercials during the telecast, I was hoping for some of the ads to be a bit more creative.

Email Jeff