Quantcast

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tiger's Apology: Jeff Weiss

Tiger Woods' public apology has been scrutinized and analyzed ad nauseum. I believe Woods is sorry for his actions – and I also believe he is sorry that he was caught. I found the delivery of his apology to be a bit robotic, but I'm sure he was aware of the amount of people who were watching him across the globe. It wasn't the most compelling thing I saw on television last week, but it was interesting.

Some have criticized Woods for not including his mistresses in his apology, but disagree. I don't think they are owed an apology as they all knew he was a married man before they became involved with him. I doubt any of them thought he was going to leave his family to run off with them. Woods' apologies should be reserved for his wife and children - but I'm not sure those apologies needed to be done in front of a television audience.

Only time will tell if Woods can rebound from this situation. I have a feeling that if he can save his marriage, his career will follow suit.

Email Jeff